Thursday, May 17, 2007

Gas Savings Update

So, now I've saved approximately 15 gallons of gasoline from being purchased and from being burned! Now that's getting to be a decent amount, as that's a full tank for my van (which I sold last weekend, forcing me to bike around and seek out alternative transportation)! This is Bike To Work Week anyways, so it's really pushed me into it even when I wake up and my legs have been tired. Knowing there's no car outside my house has been a good incentive to rise up to the challenge! Transportation is the largest source of pollution in the US. The US creates an absurd amount of pollution via automobiles and the convenience of sitting in my car, stuck in traffic, has been far outweighed by the reduced stress of not dealing with traffic jams.

Still, I'm going to get my Jetta fixed and back to the ready in a few weeks for the occasional necessary trip. I really need to get bike racks on my trike and mountain bike so I can carry more than a backpack and use them for more labor-intensive tasks than carrying me around (i.e. shopping & bringing work clothes to/from work).

No comments: